Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the publishing industry and a strong grasp of online content development processes and practices, such as audience development, social media strategy, data analysis, and SEO. 9+ years of writing and editing experience with a focus on entertainment.
Sr. Editor, TV and Film
Sept. 2021 - Present
- Guide movies and TV coverage, identifying trends and opportunities to drive traffic and engagement
- Assign stories to writers and line-edit daily content, including movie, TV, celebrity, and music coverage
- Lead monthly strategy planning meetings to align on content goals and priorities
- Develop SEO-focused coverage of movies and TV to increase organic traffic
- Help plan and execute weekend and live event coverage
- Manages freelance contributors and budget for entertainment, overseeing the recruitment, and assignment of freelance writers and ensuring timely and accurate payment for services rendered within budget constraints
May 2018 - Sept. 2021
- Strategized and directed celebrity and music coverage, including story selection, headlines, and copy editing
- Managed a team of up to five writers, delivering 9-15 curated news stories, interviews, listicles, and essays daily
- Spearheaded the celeb content calendar, planning coverage for major events and releases
- Directed live and breaking events coverage, showcasing agility and responsiveness to the fast-paced news cycle.
- Authored features for tent-pole celebrity covers, elevating the publication's brand and reputation
- Utilized data analytics and trends to identify angles for news, evergreen content, and SEO stories, and created new, dependable streams of traffic, leading to increased readership
- Established relationships with publicists to bring in celebrity talent for exclusive interviews and videos, strengthening the publication's reputation as a thought leader in celebrity and music coverage
- Collaborated with the social media and video teams to produce high-engagement content for the publication's social channels, increasing the brand's reach and engagement
- Brainstormed new, engaging ideas for tent-pole content, constantly innovating and refreshing the editorial pipeline
- Recruited, hired, and onboarded new staff writers, fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration
- Supervised, mentored, and guided part-time writers, enabling them to grow and develop their skills, leading to improved content quality
Oct. 2014 - May 2018
- Produced 3-5 daily entertainment news stories syndicated across Hearst brands — including Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, and more — driving traffic and engagement.
- Directed original video content for Seventeen.com's social media channels, resulting in increased engagement and brand reach.
- Utilized pop culture knowledge and site performance data to identify and prioritize resonating stories, improving content quality and engagement.
- Established publicist relationships to secure celebrity talent for exclusive interviews and video challenges, elevating Seventeen.com's entertainment reputation.
- Conducted engaging live celeb video interviews on all social media channels, demonstrating agility and responsiveness to the fast-paced news cycle.
- Managed and scheduled social media posts using Sprinklr/SocialFlow/True Anthem, ensuring a consistent and effective social media presence.
- Designed high-quality graphics for onsite and social media use in Photoshop, enhancing the brand's visual identity and engagement.
- Created videos for Seventeen.com’s Facebook using Adobe Premiere, increasing engagement and driving traffic.
- Pitched and launched Seventeen.com's Snapchat Discover channel, expanding the brand's reach.
- Recruited, hired, and managed fellows and freelancers, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment while ensuring efficient operations and timely payments.
Syracuse University (2014)
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Master of Arts - Magazine, Newspaper, and Online Journalism
University of Massachusetts Amherst (2013)
Bachelor of Arts - Communications
Minor - Information Technology